General scientific issues regarding ROMS

Moderators: arango, robertson

francis

some doubts

#1 Unread post by francis »

Hi all,
I am having some doubts regarding ROMS.
1. How TCLINE value effect the model ?
2. If the model was forced with some daily winds,precipitation,sea level pressure and monthly net shortwave radiation, net longwave radiation, relative humidity, what the model will do ? I mean does the model will interpolate all to the daily or it will take the same monthly value for all days (in case of monthly forcing). Is it is recommended to force like that?
3. I am interested to give TNDUGING at the open boundaries without TRADIATION, but the model is not taking without it. How to give the TNUDGING term itself?
When I am giving both I am getting some cooling cycle at boundaries.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

With regards,
Francis.

kate

Re: some doubts

#2 Unread post by kate »

francis wrote:Hi all,
I am having some doubts regarding ROMS.
1. How TCLINE value effect the model ?
Probably not at all. For the standard vertical coordinate, there is a parameter that is set to the minimum of Tcline and your minimum depth. At least for me, the minimum depth is so shallow I don't want a shallower Tcline.
2. If the model was forced with some daily winds,precipitation,sea level pressure and monthly net shortwave radiation, net longwave radiation, relative humidity, what the model will do ? I mean does the model will interpolate all to the daily or it will take the same monthly value for all days (in case of monthly forcing). Is it is recommended to force like that?
Differing forcing frequencies is no problem at all. I've got 6-hourly winds, daily heat fluxes, monthly rain. ROMS will read the time for each field independently and interpolate accordingly.
3. I am interested to give TNDUGING at the open boundaries without TRADIATION, but the model is not taking without it. How to give the TNUDGING term itself?
When I am giving both I am getting some cooling cycle at boundaries.
Any help is appreciated.
I suggest you look at the boundary condition files to see how the various options are coded up. Perhaps TNUDGING by itself doesn't make sense, though there is a TCLAMPED type of option. Do a grep for TRADIATION to find the boundary file.