make error: Error in opening the compiled module file

Report or discuss software problems and other woes

Moderators: arango, robertson

FangFang
Location: Third Institute of Oceanography State Oceanic Administration(SOA),China

make error: Error in opening the compiled module file

#1 Unread post by FangFang »

Hi,
when I compile the UPWELLING test case,it shows like:

": No such file or directory
makefile:235: INCLUDING FILE /export/home/zhangjp/Models/ROMS/trunk/Compilers/make_macros.mk WHICH CONTAINS APPLICATION-DEPENDENT MAKE DEFINITIONS
svn: This client is too old to work with working copy '.'; please get a newer Subversion client
cd Build; /export/home/zhangjp/intel/Compiler/11.1/059/bin/intel64/ifort -c -heap-arrays -fp-model precise -ip -O3 -xW bc_2d.f90
bc_2d.f90(321): error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file. Check INCLUDE paths. [MOD_PARAM]
USE mod_param
----------^
bc_2d.f90(324): error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file. Check INCLUDE paths. [EXCHANGE_2D_MOD]
USE exchange_2d_mod, ONLY : exchange_r2d_tileerror #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file. Check INCLUDE paths. [MOD_PARAM]
USE mod_param"
......."

In ROMS wiki I found that:
Trouble with other modules: one instance of this is due to incorrect dependency information in MakeDepend. The ROMS code must be compiled in the correct order and failure to do so might give something like:
cd Build; ifort -c bc_2d.f90
fortcom: Error: bc_2d.f90, line 30: Error in opening the Library module file.[MOD_PARAM] USE mod_param----------^fortcom: Error: bc_2d.f90, line 32: Error in opening the Library module file.
Here, it failed to compile mod_param.F before bc_2d.F, leading to trouble. The '--objdir=$(SCRATCH_DIR)' option in MDEPFLAGS is not optional.
I don't know very well about the meaning of "The '--objdir=$(SCRATCH_DIR)' option in MDEPFLAGS is not optional.".I'v tried delete the '--objdir=$(SCRATCH_DIR)'in the Linux-ifort.mk and errors are still the same.

What are the possible problems?

Thank you in advance

slvester
Location: second institution of oceanography,state oceanic administration China

Re: make error: Error in opening the compiled module file

#2 Unread post by slvester »

Maybe your Roms need to update.
svn update

FangFang
Location: Third Institute of Oceanography State Oceanic Administration(SOA),China

#3 Unread post by FangFang »

Thanks,slvester ,I'll try

FangFang

#4 Unread post by FangFang »

I've updated my roms and the problem is solved.Thanks again.