How to couple roms with wrf?

General scientific issues regarding ROMS

Moderators: arango, robertson

ironling

How to couple roms with wrf?

#1 Unread post by ironling »

Hi,
Could you give me a quick guide about coupling roms with wrf step by step?

Thank you very much!

hankseidel

Re: How to couple roms with wrf?

#2 Unread post by hankseidel »

I wrote a couple/regrid module a few years ago. Some results are written up here:

http://sc.tamu.edu/research/chang/new/

Is that the sort of thing you are interested in doing? At the time ROMS did not have the capability to do this so I wrote it from scratch. Is that still the case or do you want help on an available feature?

Hank

ironling

#3 Unread post by ironling »

hankseidel wrote:Is that the sort of thing you are interested in doing? At the time ROMS did not have the capability to do this so I wrote it from scratch. Is that still the case or do you want help on an available feature?

Hank
Hi, Hank , I think I see the content before. thank you very much for you reply.

I saw lots of introduction about WRF+ROMS, WRF+HYCOM, WRF+POM and so on. But after search on the internet, I can not find the detail information that can guide me setup a couple air-sea model system.

I worked on WRF recent years and some ocean model several years ago. I am very interested in coupled air-sea interaction and really hope I can set up a couple system.

So I think there is something I did not find. And, maybe some expert here can tell me where I can get the manual, guide ...

Could anyone tell how to do it step by step in brief?

Thank you very much.

jcwarner

#4 Unread post by jcwarner »

We have a modeling system that has coupled roms-swan-wrf. I can provide access/details if you send an email to me at
jcwarner@usgs.gov.
thanks,
john