Error compiling ROMS in COAWST

Discussion on computers, ROMS installation and compiling

Moderators: arango, robertson

jc_Sun

Error compiling ROMS in COAWST

#1 Unread post by jc_Sun »

Dear all,
I tried to compile in the ROMS module in COAWST, but the following error occurred:
svn: E155007: '/public/home/sunjiacheng/coawst_test/COAWST-master' is not a working copy
svn: E155007: '/public/home/sunjiacheng/coawst_test/COAWST-master' is not a working copy
rm -f -r core *.ipo /public/home/sunjiacheng/coawst_test/ROMS-Projects/Upwelling/Build_roms /public/home/sunjiacheng/make_macros.mk
cp -f /public/software/mathlib/netcdf/intel2017/4.6.2/include/netcdf.mod /public/home/sunjiacheng/coawst_test/ROMS-Projects/Upwelling/Build_roms
cp -f /public/software/mathlib/netcdf/intel2017/4.6.2/include/typesizes.mod /public/home/sunjiacheng/coawst_test/ROMS-Projects/Upwelling/Build_roms
cp -p /public/home/sunjiacheng/make_macros.mk /public/home/sunjiacheng/coawst_test/ROMS-Projects/Upwelling/Build_roms

ifort: error #10236: File not found: '/mct_coupler_params.o'
make: *** [/public/home/sunjiacheng/coawst_test/ROMS-Projects/Upwelling/coawstM] Error 1
In the build_roms.sh my setup is MY_ROOT_DIR=/public/home/sunjiacheng/coawst_test, MY_ROMS_SRC=${MY_ROOT_DIR}/COAWST-master, COMPILERS=${MY_ROMS_SRC}/Compilers.COAWST VERSION is 3.7
Attachments
build_roms.sh
(11 KiB) Downloaded 118 times

jcwarner

Re: Error compiling ROMS in COAWST

#2 Unread post by jcwarner »

use the coawst.bash file in the main dir. I have modified the build to be able to compile all the different models.
if you have more issues please post here:
https://github.com/jcwarner-usgs/COAWST/issues
thanks, j

jc_Sun

#3 Unread post by jc_Sun »

Thank you for your reply.

jc_Sun

#4 Unread post by jc_Sun »

In other words, as long as I can compile successfully to produce coawstM, that's equivalent to romsM compiling successfully, right?

jcwarner

#5 Unread post by jcwarner »

there is a lot of info in the COAWST_User manual.doc.
if you only select the roms model, then coawstM is essentially romsM.
if you select additional other models, only 1 executable is created, coawstM. That would run roms + wrf, or whatever.
this is a different approach than what Rutgers does, so if you have more questions about the way coawst is coupled please put them on the coawst git site.
thanks
j

jc_Sun

#6 Unread post by jc_Sun »

Thank you very much for your answer, it helped me solve my doubt.If I have any more questions, I will choose to go to GitHub to ask.