climatology for BioFennel model

General scientific issues regarding ROMS

Moderators: arango, robertson

fagundesmo

climatology for BioFennel model

#1 Unread post by fagundesmo »

Hi everyone,

I have looked and could not find a topic related to this, and therefore, I am posting to see if anyone knows whether or not ROMS has a way to add climatology data for BioFennel model. For instance, if I wanted to add climatology for phytoplankton. Is it as simple as turning on climatology and creating a file for phytoplankton? I know I could test it instead of asking but I feel it's faster if someone has done this previously telling me than doing the coding and creating a simulation and realizing it can't happen. So I appreciate any input about creating the climatology!!

Thank you in advance,

Matheus

arnaudlaurent

Re: climatology for BioFennel model

#2 Unread post by arnaudlaurent »

Hi Matheus,

Yes if you want to use climatology data, let say for NO3, you can create a netcdf file with your data. Then in roms.in you add the path for your file:

CLMNAME == /path/to/your/NO3_clm.nc

and in bio_Fennel.in you turn on climatology for NO3 (first variable, phytoplankton would be 4th):

LtracerCLM == T 14*F

To nudge toward your climatology you have to turn on nudging for NO3:

LnudgeTCLM == T 14*F

and provide nudging coefficients analytically or in a netcdf file, e.g. NUDNAME == /path/to/your/nudg_file.nc in roms.in

fagundesmo

Re: climatology for BioFennel model

#3 Unread post by fagundesmo »

Hi Arnaud,

That is amazing, thank you so much!! And I guess didn't look close enough in bio_fennel.in and I am sorry for that!

Best,
Matheus