Errors when compiling ROMS with PIO

Discussion on computers, ROMS installation and compiling

Moderators: arango, robertson

dsdarr

Errors when compiling ROMS with PIO

#1 Unread post by dsdarr »

Hi ROMS people,

We've recently been trying to compile ROMS with PIO on the cluster we are using. I had little problem compiling pnetcdf and PIO (using the instructions here https://www.myroms.org/wiki/External_Libraries) as a guidline. However, when I attempted to compile ROMS (most recent svn update I believe) it failed. It looked like it was going to work without any issues until the very last stage, linking, where it failed with:

ld: /gscratch/macc/local/pio2/lib/libpioc.a(libpioc_la-pio_nc.o): undefined reference to symbol 'nc_inq'
/gscratch/macc/local//netcdf-icc/lib/libnetcdf.so.19: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
make: *** [Master/Module.mk:22: /gscratch/macc/darrd/LO_roms_user/up0kb/romsM] Error 1[/b]

Any suggestions as to how fix this? I tried various other options to "configure" for PIO which either gave me the same result when I compiled ROMS or failed completely when compiling PIO.

thanks! -David

dsdarr

Re: Errors when compiling ROMS with PIO

#2 Unread post by dsdarr »

Never mind! I have figured this out! I needed to add "-lnetcdf" to the linker command! Not sure why that didn't happen but I guess it doesn't matter at this point.