Wrong surface wind results when run ROMS

Cool Findings and Plots

Moderators: arango, robertson

ShaoquanLi

Wrong surface wind results when run ROMS

#1 Unread post by ShaoquanLi »

Hello everyone,

I tried to model the ocean off east Vietnam. I have run ROMS for half a month, the results of the model were not good. The average daily results on the first day were reasonable, but then the results got worse and worse. I found that the surface wind field was 0, except for the fifth day when the wind speed has 10^6 m/s. I have checked the input file and ocean_in file, but i can't find any problem. I have attached the relevant files, you can look at the images of my model results and find that the results are not good.

I have no idea about this, Can anyone give me some ideas?
thanks very much!
Attachments
Images of the model results.rar
(2.84 MiB) Downloaded 176 times
ana_nowave_no_dia_sq.h
(3.17 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
output3.dat
(1.63 MiB) Downloaded 166 times
ocean_1.in
(115.54 KiB) Downloaded 184 times

ShaoquanLi

Re: Wrong surface wind results when run ROMS

#2 Unread post by ShaoquanLi »

I consider that my description above may be a little vague, here is a supplement.My ini file and bry file are made with hycom data, wind data is made with CFSR. I have checked my forcing files , it's normal. I can see the value of surface u_wind and v_wind from the output of the model.
Attachments
Snipaste_2021-05-25_17-22-51.png

wilkin

#3 Unread post by wilkin »

You have a problem with the longwave radiation forcing data:
GET_2DFLD - downwelling longwave radiation flux, 2008-01-01 00:00:00.00
(Grid=01, Rec=0000001, Index=1, File: east_vietnam_blk_1.nc)
(Tmin= 0.0000 Tmax= 62.0000) t = 0.0000
(Min = 1.00000000E+37 Max = -1.00000000E+37) regrid = F
John Wilkin: DMCS Rutgers University
71 Dudley Rd, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8521, USA. ph: 609-630-0559 jwilkin@rutgers.edu

ShaoquanLi

#4 Unread post by ShaoquanLi »

Thank you very much for your reply. Your observation is very careful. After reading your suggestion, I have corrected my forcing data. The surface wind field data is normal after checking the his-output file, it seems that the surface wind is not shown in the avg-output file. However, there seem to be some temperature anomalies at the boundaries of the model. I think this may have something to do with my lateral boundary conditions keyword. Can you check it for me? I would greatly appreciate any help or guidance.
Attachments
surfure current and temperature .png
boundary keyword-2.png
boundary keyword-1.png