COAWST compilation error -- wec_vf.f90

Discussion on computers, ROMS installation and compiling

Moderators: arango, robertson

samuel.rickerich

COAWST compilation error -- wec_vf.f90

#1 Unread post by samuel.rickerich »

Hi all,

I am working to compile the Inlet_test case in COAWST v3.6 but am at a dead-end, despite following the user manual and scouring this forum. In turn, I am reaching out for some direction.

When I run coawst.bash I receive the following error message:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
/usr/bin/cpp -P -traditional-cpp -w -DMPI -DLINUX -DX86_64 -DIFORT -D'ROOT_DIR="/nfs3-home/srickerich/model/COAWST"' -DINLET_TEST -D'HEADER="inlet_test.h"' -D'ROMS_HEADER="/home/srickerich/model/COAWST/ROMS/Include/inlet_test.h"' -DNestedGrids= -D'ANALYTICAL_DIR="/home/srickerich/model/COAWST/ROMS/Functionals"' -D'SVN_URL=""' -D'SVN_REV=""' -IROMS/Include -IROMS/Nonlinear -IROMS/Nonlinear/Biology -IROMS/Nonlinear/Sediment -IROMS/Nonlinear/Wec -IROMS/Nonlinear/Vegetation -IROMS/Utility -IROMS/Drivers -IROMS/Functionals -I/home/srickerich/model/COAWST/ROMS/Include -IMaster -ICompilers -D'HEADER_DIR="/home/srickerich/model/COAWST/ROMS/Include"' ROMS/Nonlinear/Wec/wec_vf.F > Build/wec_vf.f90
ROMS/Bin/cpp_clean Build/wec_vf.f90
cd ./Build; /opt/modules/centos7/mvapich2/2.1/intel-2016.0.109/bin/mpif90 -c -fp-model precise -ip -O3 -traceback -check uninit -I/opt/intelsoft/mct/include wec_vf.f90
wec_vf.f90(89): error #6460: This is not a field name that is defined in the encompassing structure. [DISSIP_BREAK]
& FORCES(ng) % Dissip_break, &
-----------------------------------------------^
wec_vf.f90(90): error #6460: This is not a field name that is defined in the encompassing structure. [DISSIP_WCAP]
& FORCES(ng) % Dissip_wcap, &
wec_vf.f90(89): error #6634: The shape matching rules of actual arguments and dummy arguments have been violated. [DISSIP_BREAK]
& FORCES(ng) % Dissip_break, &
wec_vf.f90(90): error #6634: The shape matching rules of actual arguments and dummy arguments have been violated. [DISSIP_WCAP]
& FORCES(ng) % Dissip_wcap, &
compilation aborted for wec_vf.f90 (code 1)
make: *** [Build/wec_vf.o] Error 1
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am attaching the build.log and the coawst.bash script below.

The system operates on CentOS Linux, and I am using ifort, netCDF 4.4.0, openmpi, and the MCT with the environment variables set as described in the manual.

Older versions of COAWST successfully compile and run on the system I am operating on. The system administrator has been able to get past this error message with gfortran and the makefile directly, but not with ifort and the bash script. When I examining wec_vf.f90 nothing was glaringly obvious.

Please let me know if I am overlooking something, or need to provide further information. Thank you for your assistance, it is very much appreciated!

Regards,
Sam
Attachments
coawst.bash
(20.88 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
build_log.txt
(57.31 KiB) Downloaded 191 times

jcwarner

Re: COAWST compilation error -- wec_vf.f90

#2 Unread post by jcwarner »

looks like a couple of issues.
a year ago or so i changed some parts of the makefile and coawst.bash files and the Compilers files.
are you using most recent versions of them?
which Compilers/ ? file are you using.
-j

samuel.rickerich

#3 Unread post by samuel.rickerich »

Thank you for your reply.

To my knowledge, I am using the most recent versions of them, along with Linux-ifort.mk. I am still learning the structure, so I am not sure if I am giving the correct information.

However, the administrator of the system I am on just notified me that they may have identified the cause of the problem, and requested that no one spend any time on this yet as we may have it sorted out. I will report back after I learn more.

-sam

xiaomeixu

#4 Unread post by xiaomeixu »

I have met the same error. Could you please tell me how to solve it?
Thank you very much.
xiaomei

jcwarner

#5 Unread post by jcwarner »

can you post the issue here:
https://github.com/jcwarner-usgs/COAWST/issues
and include the output during the run or during the build?
thanks,
j