Compile roms plot with NCARG version 662

Discussion on computers, ROMS installation and compiling

Moderators: arango, robertson

briskbamboo

Compile roms plot with NCARG version 662

#1 Unread post by briskbamboo »

I installed NCARG version 662 with gfortran then try to compile Roms' plot then get this error

Code: Select all

/usr/bin/mpif90 -frepack-arrays -O3 -ffast-math  /media/bangdt/VB/200903/plot/src/Bin/Build_plt/cnt.o /media/bangdt/VB/200903/plot/src/Bin/Build_plt/cpmpxy2d.o /media/bangdt/VB/200903/plot/src/Bin/Build_plt/mapeod.o /media/bangdt/VB/200903/plot/src/Bin/Build_plt/stumsl.o /media/bangdt/VB/200903/plot/src/Bin/Build_plt/stumxy.o /media/bangdt/VB/200903/plot/src/Bin/Build_plt/vvumxy.o -o /media/bangdt/VB/200903/plot/src/binz/cnt /media/bangdt/VB/200903/plot/src/Bin/Build_plt/libUTIL.a -L/lib -lncarg -lncarg_gks -lncarg_c -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lX11 -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lnetcdff -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -lnetcdf -lnetcdf -ldl -lm 
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lncarg
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lncarg_gks
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lncarg_c
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lX11
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [Drivers/Module.mk:49: /media/bangdt/VB/200903/plot/src/binz/cnt] Error 1
This is the full log
log1.txt
(54.29 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Thanks.

briskbamboo

Re: Compile roms plot with NCARG version 662

#2 Unread post by briskbamboo »

I have the thing done with interesting and nice .gif file results of concentration in minus, continuing find-out why.
result.gif

jivica
Location: The University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia

#3 Unread post by jivica »

The first post is showing you problem with finding NCARG libs during the linking phase. You have to specify -L path_to_libs
On the other topic, why don't use NCL (this is NCARG based software and you have it for free), or python version (pyNGL)?
Cheers
I

briskbamboo

#4 Unread post by briskbamboo »

I want to try the plot code distributed by source code as it was tested by others. Ncl is good and free and a good alternative way. But up to now I can have only ncl work for post processes. I still want to compile a working roms plotting.