How to use tangent linear models to run ROMS ?

Discussion of how to use ROMS on different regional and basin scale applications.

Moderators: arango, robertson

Tongji123

How to use tangent linear models to run ROMS ?

#1 Unread post by Tongji123 »

hello everyone:
When I used tangent linear models to run ROMS , I met some questions as followings:

(1)I download the file of MyTest from MyRoms.

(2)I run this file like "build.sh" successfully in my installed path for example "/ROMS/MyTest/double_gyre/Forward/build.sh"

(3)But when I run this file of the path of "/ROMS/MyTest/double_gyre/FSV/build.sh" in linux ,I met some questions as followings:

[meizhenhao@localhost FSV]$ ./build.sh -noclean
makefile:234: INCLUDING FILE /home/meizhenhao/ROMS/MyTest/double_gyre/FSV/Build/make_macros.mk WHICH CONTAINS APPLICATION-DEPENDENT MAKE DEFINITIONS
cd /home/meizhenhao/ROMS/MyTest/double_gyre/FSV/Build; /home/meizhenhao/pgi/linux86-64/10.6/bin/pgf90 -c -Kieee -O3 packing.f90
PGF90-S-0072-Assignment operation illegal to external procedure tl_t (packing.f90: 1366)
PGF90-S-0038-Symbol, tl_t, has not been explicitly declared (packing.f90)
0 inform, 0 warnings, 2 severes, 0 fatal for tl_unpack_tile
make: *** [/home/meizhenhao/ROMS/MyTest/double_gyre/FSV/Build/packing.o] Error 2

(4) finally , I want to know how to use and run tangent linear models in ROMS?Can you tell me the specific steps? thank you every much!

kate

Re: How to use tangent linear models to run ROMS ?

#2 Unread post by kate »

I have no idea how to answer your question, just a request that you please not spam the forum by asking the same thing in three places.