DIGNISTIC cpp

Discussion about analysis, visualization, and collaboration tools and techniques

Moderators: arango, robertson

pooran

DIGNISTIC cpp

#1 Unread post by pooran »

Dear
i have seen that some tests have :
#define DIGNISTIC and some other have both #define DIGNISTIC_UV and also #define DIGNISTIC_UV.
Would you please tell me that #define DIGNISTIC is equal to #define DIGNISTIC_UV and #define DIGNISTIC_UV.
Also ROMS has ana_dqdsst.h but COAWST does not have it. And because i want dqdsst as a force file i have choosed get_dqdsst.m routine (base on some roms posts) to make it. As you know it needs sea surface atmospheric temperature. For example ECMWF data base (which arango recommend it) has SST (which get_dqdsst needs it), 2m temperature and skin temperature.
I would be appreciate if you know any information about sea surface atmospheric temperature that guide me to choose the best parameter for it tell it to me. or if there is any way to compute it base on other parameters i become so grateful to receive any note.
cheers
pooran

pooran

Re: DIGNISTIC cpp

#2 Unread post by pooran »

dear friend
i would be so appreciate to receive any reply to two above questions
is DIGNISTIC equal to DIGNISTIC_UV and DIGNISTIC_TS?or DIGNOSTIC just define if no diagnostic file to be created or written (therefore is different from DIGNISTIC_UV and DIGNISTIC_TS)?
And about dqdsst?
Cheers
pooran

kate

#3 Unread post by kate »

DIAGNOSTICS_UV creates extra diagnostics output for the momentum equations. DIAGNOSTICS_TS creates extra diagnostics output for the tracer equations. If either one is defined then DIAGNOSTICS is defined in globaldefs.h. This last is use to find out whether or not to create the extra diagnostics file(s).

dqdsst is something else entirely and has been discussion in these forums.

pooran

#4 Unread post by pooran »

Dear kate
many thanks for your attention
you're right. dqdsst is discussed in forum and i have read almost all posts about it 8) . It can correct model's SST. But my question was about how i can provide it :?:
I follow forum which has suggested:1- get_dqdsst.m routine and ECMWF database for providing its needed data. my problem is that i cant find sea surface atmospheric temperature data in ECMWF (it has skin temp,2m temp and sst). Because of this i send this post that if some one know how i can solve this problem, guide me with her/his experience.
2-Another suggestion was using ana_dqdsst.h. For this,would you please tell me that ??? sign in line 102
dqdt(i,j)=???
is a place that user have to replace it with data, at first, or will work without changing it?
Many thanks again
cheers

kate

#5 Unread post by kate »

2. This is code that should not compile. It is a place-holder for your own code.