How to start my own case, such as to create input files?

Discussions, suggestions and corrections to ROMS/TOMS documentation currently under developement.

Moderators: arango, robertson

wzhu

How to start my own case, such as to create input files?

#1 Unread post by wzhu »

Hello, everyone, How are you doing these days?
I have run the test case successfully, Now I am trying to start my own case, But I have no idea how to create input files? what software or toolkit should I use?

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Peter

kate

Re: How to start my own case, such as to create input files?

#2 Unread post by kate »

This is coming up a lot so I just checked the FAQ: https://www.myroms.org/wiki/index.php/F ... or_ROMS.3F

wzhu

#3 Unread post by wzhu »

kate wrote:This is coming up a lot so I just checked the FAQ: https://www.myroms.org/wiki/index.php/F ... or_ROMS.3F
Thank you, kate.
Actually, I have downloaded the whole ROMS matlab repository, what's the next step? Do I need to use the python tool too? I am sorry I am a laymen.

kate

#4 Unread post by kate »

No, you don't need both. If you like Matlab, go with it. As I said before:
I was intentionally vague because you need to build up some tools for manipulating netcdf files that you are comfortable with. I used to use some horrible fortran codes, I then switched to primarily NCL and NCO for these things. I am slowly learning to use Python. Others use Ferret. These are all just means to an end and the endpoint is clear from the CDL files.

wzhu

#5 Unread post by wzhu »

kate wrote:No, you don't need both. If you like Matlab, go with it. As I said before:
I was intentionally vague because you need to build up some tools for manipulating netcdf files that you are comfortable with. I used to use some horrible fortran codes, I then switched to primarily NCL and NCO for these things. I am slowly learning to use Python. Others use Ferret. These are all just means to an end and the endpoint is clear from the CDL files.
Hi kate,
How are you doing these days?
I need help, please. I got the matlab scripts about creating input files. I am trying to create the boundary file, but I have no idea how to do it, how can i get the structure array, S?
I wonder if there are some templates to show how to create the input files using the matlab scripts step by step?

Any reply will be highly appreciated!

Wenwu