on the code of ROMS

General scientific issues regarding ROMS

Moderators: arango, robertson

gongjie_wang

on the code of ROMS

#1 Unread post by gongjie_wang »

Hi all.Could you help me ?when I want to get my own code of ROMS,the website asks me to choose the operate system of my computer.Mine is Windows 7,but I want to run my ROMS on the computer which is Linux operating system.So,which version of code should I choose? You can connect with me by e-mail:wyynpy@163.com,thank you very much!

julian.kuhlmann

Re: on the code of ROMS

#2 Unread post by julian.kuhlmann »

Have a look here: https://www.myroms.org/wiki/index.php/Subversion
WARNING: It is strongly suggested that you checkout the ROMS source code using the same operating system you wish to compile and run ROMS on. If you download the code on a Windows machine and wish to run it on a non-Windows machine you will need convert the line endings with a utility like dos2unix or recode. Even with these utilities you may still have problems compiling ROMS.

leonhardherrmann

#3 Unread post by leonhardherrmann »

Maybe you have a liveCd (or -USB) of your Linux distro that you eventually want to use the code in. I'm sure theres more elegant ways but that should be pretty quick and simple.

gongjie_wang

#4 Unread post by gongjie_wang »

gongjie_wang wrote:Hi all.Could you help me ?when I want to get my own code of ROMS,the website asks me to choose the operate system of my computer.Mine is Windows 7,but I want to run my ROMS on the computer which is Linux operating system.So,which version of code should I choose? You can connect with me by e-mail:wyynpy@163.com,thank you very much!
My question is that the code of ROMS could be downloaded only on the computers which load Linux operating system?Thenk you!

LiuZHQ

#5 Unread post by LiuZHQ »

there is a free software call "VisualSVN", which can be utilized to download the source code under windows OS.

gongjie_wang

#6 Unread post by gongjie_wang »

LiuZHQ wrote:there is a free software call "VisualSVN", which can be utilized to download the source code under windows OS.
You mean I can get a new code by the svn client operated on Windows system?