SeaGrid error

Discussion about analysis, visualization, and collaboration tools and techniques

Moderators: arango, robertson

kasone

SeaGrid error

#1 Unread post by kasone »

Hi all,
I get the following error when I try to run seagrid2roms:

??? Undefined function or method 'name' for input arguments of type 'double'.
Error in ==> seagrid2roms at 164
name(nc.CPP_options, 'CPP-options')

The function name() is expecting the first argument to be of class ncitem, but nc.CPP_options is a type double. I did some poking around, and in the line right before the line with the error, nc.CPP_options is assigned the output from the ncchar() function. As best as I can tell, the object that ncchar() returns is of class cell. That is neither the double that nc.CPP_options is turning out to be, nor the ncitem that the name() function on the following line expects.

It seems that at this point in the function, I cannot assign anything to nc.CPP_options (I tried some random stuff) to make it anything other than a double. I can get the name() function to run if I give it an ncitem object out of the ncitem() function, but that is a bad idea and I get an error later on because I didn't use the right object.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be going wrong, and what I can do to fix it? I have a Mac (Snow Leopard) and Matlab R2007b.

Thanks!

sedteam

Re: SeaGrid error

#2 Unread post by sedteam »

Hello,

I am experiencing the same error, except I am using Matlab R2010a and also running on Snow Leopard. Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks,

-Tyler

justina0622

Re: SeaGrid error

#3 Unread post by justina0622 »

I get the same problem. I am using MATLABR2007b on Linux through Mac. Appreciate very much if anyone has any suggestion.

Thank you. :D

Best
Q