Help with sediments

Report or discuss software problems and other woes

Moderators: arango, robertson

Gustavo

Help with sediments

#1 Unread post by Gustavo »

I am running ROMS climatologies and I want to add data from sediment, I know that the input of data from sediment is sediment.in and on file roms.in in the part psource add the location of the sources, but data must be annual or monthly? If the data are monthly, as specified each month? And how should I add the location? example, if the location is 85W 10N, write the points -85 10. I speak Spanish, if you like you can write in this language.

Greetings and thanks, Gustavo

jcwarner

Re: Help with sediments

#2 Unread post by jcwarner »

I do not speak Spanish, but we have a post doc/scientists here from Univ Cantabria and she can translate if you wish.
As for the sediment, I assume that the climatology info would be the same as with salt or temp or a bio componenet. Sediment is just another tracer, but with additional interactions with the seafloor.

Gustavo

#3 Unread post by Gustavo »

Do not worry I understand English, what I do is take climatology Levite to make a run with ROMS, but I have to add data from sediments of a hydrological model, I know that are added through sediment.in but I do not know if data from the hydrological model should be annual or monthly

jcwarner wrote:I do not speak Spanish, but we have a post doc/scientists here from Univ Cantabria and she can translate if you wish.
As for the sediment, I assume that the climatology info would be the same as with salt or temp or a bio componenet. Sediment is just another tracer, but with additional interactions with the seafloor.

jcwarner

#4 Unread post by jcwarner »

well, the sediment should be concentrations, kg/m^3. As far as the monthly or yearly avg, i am not sure what is best for your particular application.

Gustavo

#5 Unread post by Gustavo »

I know the format for the data of sediment is:

1 Stitle (a80)
ROMS - Sediment - Test

2 Sd(1-NST), CSED, SRHO, WSED, ERATE, TAU_CE, TAU_CD, BED_FRAC(1:NLAY)
0.125 9.9 2650. 9.4 25.0e-5 0.05 0.14 0.4 0.4
0.050 0.0 2650. 1.6 4.0e-5 0.01 0.14 0.6 0.6

3 BTHK(1:NLAY)
0.3E-2 10.

4 BPOR(1:NLAY)
0.41 0.42

5 Hrip

6 Lrip

99 END of sediment input data

and I know in part,

psource: NSRC ISRC Jsrc DSRC Qbar [m3 / s] Lsrc Tsrc

specifies the number of sources and locations,but how the data are indicating whether monthly or annually? How indicating the location, using latitude and longitude?

jcwarner wrote:well, the sediment should be concentrations, kg/m^3. As far as the monthly or yearly avg, i am not sure what is best for your particular application.