2003 Small ROMS workshop in Portugal - Dec 9-11

Discussion about Ocean Modeling Communities Meetings, Workshops and Events.

Moderators: arango, robertson

apeliz

2003 Small ROMS workshop in Portugal - Dec 9-11

#1 Unread post by apeliz »

Dear ROMS Users,

I know this is very short notice but we are planing a workshop of the small ROMS community in Portugal. It will take place at IPIMAR, Lisbon from 9-11 December, 2003. The second day (December 10) we will have an open meeting with some presentations and discussion of configuration details.

The confirmed presentations are :

Nuno Serra (University of Lisboa)
Simulations of Mediterranean Overflow and Meddy generation.

Martinho Almeida (University of Aveiro)
Simulations of tidal current in the Portuguese western coast.

Ricardo Sanchez (University of Algarve)
Dynamics of the Cape S. Vicente filament.
(ROMS application)

Alvaro Peliz (IPIMAR)
Simulations of an upwelling event in the presence of poleward slope currents and river plumes.

Martinho Almeida (University of Aveiro)
Simulations of particles with vertical migrations in a tidally driven regime.

Evan Mason (IPIMAR)
Wind driven particle dispersal in a homogeneous shelf with occasional occurrence of river plumes
(ROMS application)

Alvaro Peliz (IPIMAR)
New developments in the ROMS code.

If there is anybody in Portugal or Spain that would like to come to Lisbon they are welcome!!

Alvaro Peliz
IPIMAR - DAA
apeliz@ipimar.pt
Last edited by apeliz on Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arango
Site Admin

#2 Unread post by arango »

Hi Alvaro,

Yes, it is a very short notice. If you have sent this announcement earlier, I may have visit you. There is a lot of new developments in progress that will be available in future releases.

Anyway, I have been thinking that we need to have a Workshop in Europe for all our European users. Perhaps, we can continue talking about this and do it in Spring or Summer 2004.

Lisbon is very attractive since you are there and you perhaps can help me to organize it. You can flight directly to Lisbon from almost anywhere. I will continue thinking about it. We will like to make such announcement with several months in advance. I am thinking this as a ROMS/TOMS only workshop.

We are also thinking to host the next biannual terrain-following(ROMS/TOMS, POM, ...) workshop somewhere in Europe in 2005.

Hernan G. Arango
arango@imcs.rutgers.edu