how to output the mask_* variables to ocean_his.nc?

Report or discuss software problems and other woes

Moderators: arango, robertson

duckweed

how to output the mask_* variables to ocean_his.nc?

#1 Unread post by duckweed »

Hi,
My ocean_his.nc has no mask_* variables . My grid file has the mask_* variables, i want to write the mask_* variables to the ocean_his.nc .How to set in the ocean_*.in?
Thank you!

wrh

Re: how to output the mask_* variables to ocean_his.nc?

#2 Unread post by wrh »

maybe you should #define masking in your *.h file
good luck!

arango
Site Admin

Re: how to output the mask_* variables to ocean_his.nc?

#3 Unread post by arango »

Yes, it is that simple :!: You need to define the MASKING C-preprocessing option. I noticed that you have posted several messages about this in this forum. This is something that you may have solved right away with a little more curiosity and by checking the code :!:

I highly recommend you to not use ROMS a black box or GUI. As a matter of fact, every user needs to check the processed *.f90 files that are actually compiled in the Build directory to make sure that the desired code was selected during C-preprocessing. ROMS code is well documented internally. These files are much cleaner and easy to follow and study. It is also wise to send the extensive information of ROMS standard output to a file and check such file carefully. So many of the message in this forum could be avoided if users actually read and understand the information that it is printed.