forrtl: severe (408) NREC

General scientific issues regarding ROMS

Moderators: arango, robertson

wanghaoyu

forrtl: severe (408) NREC

#1 Unread post by wanghaoyu »

I have encountered this problem when I restart running (debug), I don't quite understand why this is happening, thank you very much
Attachments
屏幕截图 2024-06-13 141436.png

jcwarner

Re: forrtl: severe (408) NREC

#2 Unread post by jcwarner »

i think it is telling you to set NRREC=1, because there is only 1 time record in that file.
you set it to 4 and there are not 4 time records.

wanghaoyu

#3 Unread post by wanghaoyu »

Thank you very much for your reply, I know that my ocean_time only has 1 and 2, I tried to change NRREC to 1, 2 and -1, but this problem occurred all the time. In addition, I changed the restart file, originally I only calculated the dynamic process, but later I added ecological variables to restart. Problems when resubmitting tasks (there were no problems before the change)

There is another question, I would like to ask ru, rv and rzeta in the rst file, what is the meaning of this RHS, do you have more details about them
Attachments
out.dat
(147.47 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

wilkin

#4 Unread post by wilkin »

Are you merging data from different files to create your restart? It looks like you have mismatched dimensions.

Restart RST files have an extra dimension to carry the n-1 and n time levels to restart the time stepping. But if you add in new biology variables that are not dimensioned the same way it won't work. You can restart from a single time record such as a History HIS file.
John Wilkin: DMCS Rutgers University
71 Dudley Rd, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8521, USA. ph: 609-630-0559 jwilkin@rutgers.edu

wanghaoyu

#5 Unread post by wanghaoyu »

Thank you for your advice. I have noticed the TWO dimensions in the rst file. I noticed that the TWO sets of data in this dimension are very close to each other, so when I created the two dimensions, I gave these ecological variables the same value in this dimension. I don't know if this is the problem.

I was wondering if there is any way that I can implement the restart of adding ecological variables from rstfile and what does the RHS reference in ru, rv, rzeta in the restart file mean.
Attachments
微信图片_20240614191325.png

wilkin

#6 Unread post by wilkin »

The additional dimension in a RST file is there to enable a "perfect restart" as if the model never stopped. The long_name of the ru variable documents that it is the RHS of total u-momentum (and likewise for rv, rzeta), which is also required for a perfect restart of the time stepping.

You are adding new biological variables to your initial conditions so you are clearly changing your simulation, so you don't need a perfect restart. Add your new variables to a HIS file snapshot and restart from that. Or #undef PREFECT_RESTART and you sholuld have RST files without the added TWO dimension.
71 Dudley Rd, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8521, USA. ph: 609-630-0559 jwilkin@rutgers.edu

wanghaoyu

#7 Unread post by wanghaoyu »

Thank you very much, I will try, in summary, I can restart with rst, but I need to undef PERFECT_RESTART and remove TWO dimensions,Or I use his file to restart.

I have found that ru is RHSoftotalu-momentum but I still don't understand what this value means, at least now I understand that this is related to a perfect restart, okay

wilkin

#8 Unread post by wilkin »

I can restart with rst, but I need to undef PERFECT_RESTART and remove TWO dimensions,Or I use his file to restart.
No, removing dimensions from an existing netcdf file is tricky. Don't you have a HIS or AVG file you can use instead?

wanghaoyu

#9 Unread post by wanghaoyu »

I see this is indeed the case. This is a good suggestion and I will try it :P :P

wanghaoyu

#10 Unread post by wanghaoyu »

Sorry to bother you again, I still need your help, I restarted this error from his, I realized that it may not be the problem of restart, I started a new task again, compiled roms+cosine from the initial field (ini) startup, there is still this problem, I used to be able to run normally, This recent error for some reason. I urgently need your help, thank you very much!
Attachments
屏幕截图 2024-06-16 032902.png
out.dat
(147.86 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

wanghaoyu

#11 Unread post by wanghaoyu »

Not only that, just running the roms will also have this error, I don't think I have changed anything, the first can run the dynamic process also has this error
wanghaoyu wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:29 pm Sorry to bother you again, I still need your help, I restarted this error from his, I realized that it may not be the problem of restart, I started a new task again, compiled roms+cosine from the initial field (ini) startup, there is still this problem, I used to be able to run normally, This recent error for some reason. I urgently need your help, thank you very much!