how to add sediment model into my simulation

General scientific issues regarding ROMS

Moderators: arango, robertson

Zeng

how to add sediment model into my simulation

#1 Unread post by Zeng »

Hello, everyone, wishing you all the best.
Recently, I have been learning how to incorporate sediment models into my case. I have tried to find some information about it from wiki roms and forums, but I am still a little confused about adding it.
My steps are as follows:
1. modify .in file(set path of sediment.in and sediment related values).
2. define SEDIMENT in my .h file.
3. add sediment related variables into bdry/ini/clim files(mud_01, mud_02, sand_01..etc)
When I run the case, it reported there is no variable of "mudfrac_" in my initial file. Adding variables into input files is straightfoward, my questions are...
1.Do all the sediment related variables in varinfo.yaml needed to be added into input files? (sandfrac_, sandmass_, bedload_Usand, bedload_Vsand, ero_flux, dep_net, tau_crit_off, tau_crit_slope, tau_crit_time, bed_thickness, bed_age, bed_porosity, bed_biodiff, bed_tar_crit, grain_diameter...etc) so much variables! :shock:
2. Do these variables have reference values(such like biological model and sediment.in :D :D )? I try to find them in wiki roms. Is there anything I missed? I know, the values from experiments and other articles are more reliable. I hope I can run it successfully first :oops: :oops: ..

Is there anyone can help me? And it's my honor to meet all you guys, sincere thanks! :wink:

jcwarner

Re: how to add sediment model into my simulation

#2 Unread post by jcwarner »

sorry for the late reply on this one.
are you still trying to incorporate the sediment.?
You can use the coawst model for now, we have more updated methods there. we are working to include all the sediment into the rutgers version now.
-j