Problem with compling and build_roms.sh

Discussion on computers, ROMS installation and compiling

Moderators: arango, robertson

hsseo

Problem with compling and build_roms.sh

#1 Unread post by hsseo »

hello everyone
I wrote this because there was a problem with compiling
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
/bin/sh: svn: command not found
rm -f -r core *.ipo /scratch/e1545a03/BGC/Build_roms /home01/e1545a03/make_macros.mk
/bin/sh: ROMS/Bin/cpp_clean: Permission denied
make: nf-config: Command not found
which: no mpif90 in (/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/opt/ddn/ime/bin:/cm/local/apps/environment-modules/3.2.10/bin:/opt/pbs/bin:/home01/e1545a03/.local/bin:/home01/e1545a03/bin)
cp -f /include/netcdf.mod /scratch/e1545a03/BGC/Build_roms
cp: cannot stat ‘/include/netcdf.mod’: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/scratch/e1545a03/BGC/Build_roms/netcdf.mod', needed by `/scratch/e1545a03/BGC/Build_roms/MakeDepend'. Stop.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
an error occurs with the following message, but it is a problem that has never occurred before, so I am having difficulty solving it

if you could reply, I would really appreciate it

robertson
Site Admin

Re: Problem with compling and build_roms.sh

#2 Unread post by robertson »

Several observations/questions:
  1. My first guess would be that you downloaded the code with a different computer than you are trying to build on.
  2. Some of your paths seem to be incorrect (nf-config, netcdf.mod and mpif90 not found)
  3. The permissions inside the source code are wrong: ROMS/Bin/cpp_clean needs read and execute permissions set.
  4. I would also guess that you are either using an old build script or you have some other configuration issue because make is looking for mpif90 but the BUILD_DIR (formerly SCRATCH_DIR) is set to Build_roms instead of Build_romsM.
  5. Is NetCDF built with the same compiler you are trying to build ROMS with available on the system you are trying to compile on?
I would suggest downloading the code with the machine that you plan to build on. If that machine doesn't have Subversion (the svn command), perhaps it has git so you can clone the code from our official GitHub repository. For information on how to do that, see the WikiROMS Git page.