compiling error#6460 when activate RPCG and RBL4DVAR option

Discussion about tangent linear and adjoint models, variational data assimilation, and other related issues.

Moderators: arango, robertson

xiaocongM

compiling error#6460 when activate RPCG and RBL4DVAR option

#1 Unread post by xiaocongM »

Dear ROMS users
I am running the WC13 case using RBL4DVAR and RPCG options. But the compiling is aborted. The following is the error message:

Code: Select all

sum_grad.f90(61): error #6460: This is not a field name that is defined in the encompassing structure.   [TL_T] &  OCEAN(ng) % tl_t,
sum_grad.f90(62): error #6460: This is not a field name that is defined in the encompassing structure.   [TL_U] &  OCEAN(ng) % tl_u,
sum_grad.f90(63): error #6460: This is not a field name that is defined in the encompassing structure.   [TL_V] &   OCEAN(ng) % tl_v,  
sum_grad.f90(64): error #6460: This is not a field name that is defined in the encompassing structure.   [TL_ZETA] &  OCEAN(ng) % tl_zeta)
--------------------------------------^
compilation aborted for sum_grad.f90 (code 1)
However, The issue will disappear when I turn off the RPCG option. Could anyone give me some help? Thanks in advance.

arango
Site Admin

Re: compiling error#6460 when activate RPCG and RBL4DVAR option

#2 Unread post by arango »

Hmm, you must be doing something wrong. We always need the RPCG solver for the RBL4DVAR data assimilation algorithm. I don't understand the nature of the error because ROMS 4D-Var algorithms need the nonlinear (NLM), tangent linear (TLM), and adjoint (ADM) kernels, and all those variable are in the OCEAN(ng) structure. This posting doesn't make any sense to me. It seems that you are playing with the CPP options incorrectly. We have been running the dual formulation, RBL4DVAR/RPCG, for years without such problems.

xiaocongM

Re: compiling error#6460 when activate RPCG and RBL4DVAR option

#3 Unread post by xiaocongM »

arango wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:27 pm It seems that you are playing with the CPP options incorrectly.
Thanks for your prompt reply! I may know where the issue occurs. I will have a try.