The problem of creating initial boundary conditions

General scientific issues regarding ROMS

Moderators: arango, robertson

Post Reply
Message
Author
zhaolv
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:56 pm
Location: Changsha University of Science and Technology

The problem of creating initial boundary conditions

#1 Post by zhaolv »

I have been using coawst's program for the roms pre-processing process. The program used is the one in the tools file. But when I create the initial boundary file using the program Roms_master_climatology_coawst_mw, I find that the data set in the file is for GLBa. However I would like to use the most recent dataset, which is the GLBv dataset, but I find that the parameters are very different between the two.
The main problem lies in the presence of an x, y parameter in GLBa, and I don't know what this means in GLBy. I would like to know how I should adapt the program.
Attachments
Glby.png
GLBa.png

jcwarner
Posts: 1095
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: USGS, USA

Re: The problem of creating initial boundary conditions

#2 Post by jcwarner »

the variable names change over the years.
I have no control in that.
I just pushed out an update to the m files. please do an update and try again.
thanks.
if you have more troubles, please post a message on the coawst git site, as this issue for those tools.
https://github.com/jcwarner-usgs/COAWST/issues

thanks
-j

Post Reply