2 modeling positions at California Department of Water Resources (Deadline Feb22)

Look here for job postings within the Modeling community.

Moderators: arango, robertson

zhzhlin

2 modeling positions at California Department of Water Resources (Deadline Feb22)

#1 Unread post by zhzhlin »

Department of Water Resources has two jobs in the Delta Modeling Section with nearly identical listings. They have the capacity to be anywhere from entry level to mid-level.

These are interesting posts, investigating the future of the Sacramento San Joaquin Delta under sea level rise, effects of restoration areas, contributing to large and complex infrastructure decisions and working with the State Water Resources Control Board on compliance issues. Candidates will learn about the geography and operational side of the Delta. Our alumni have often advanced within the department to executive roles that are pragmatic, or visionary, but many of our results can be distilled to ideas that are publishable -- this is now much more actively encouraged.

We're hoping to encourage some entries from schools that produce students with course work or projects involving water quality and estuarine circulation. That is what really distinguishes you all. I hope you will circulate the link below if you'd like. The deadline is quick (I'm afraid I've squandered some of the available time), but it is very painless. The initial application is just a quick test verifying minimum requirements and a form-based CV and highly qualified applicants can often negotiate the process in 60-90min, perhaps faster if they have a current CV they can use for reference -- just pay attention to the minimum requirements. A pass on the test will last for a year or so I think. The interview is where things get substantial.

Please refer to the CalCarrers link, https://www.calcareers.ca.gov/CalHrPubl ... lId=288492, to find out how to apply and required application packages. The final filing date is Feb 22nd.

Minimum Qualifications:
Either
Graduation from a curriculum in civil engineering (water resources engineering or other related engineering degrees are fine too) accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering Technology (ABET).
Or
Graduation from an engineering curriculum not accredited by ABET and passing a FE exam (by the time the interview is scheduled).

If you have any questions about the jobs or your eligibility, please don't hesitate to send me an email: zhenlin.zhang@water.ca.gov