Error compiling ROMS

Report or discuss software problems and other woes

Moderators: arango, robertson

coulomag

Error compiling ROMS

#1 Unread post by coulomag »

Hi,

Il followed the Tutorial: Installing ROMS in Windows XP / Vista / 7 (via Cygwin) and everything was fine. But when I tried to compile ROMS with the commande $ ./build_roms.sh I obtain the following lines :

agath@LAPTOP-0U92HS49 /cygdrive/d/Agathe/Ecole/Modele3D/software/roms/Projects/Upwelling
$ ./build_roms.sh
./build_roms.sh: line 110: export: `d/Agathe/Ecole/Modele3D/software/roms': not a valid identifier
./build_roms.sh: line 123: export: `d/Agathe/Ecole/Modele3D/software/roms/Projects/trunk': not a valid identifier
./build_roms.sh: line 217: /Compilers/my_build_paths.sh: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target 'clean'. Stop.
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

My paths are the following :
for cygwin64 : C:\cygwin64
for the build_roms.sh : D:\Agathe\Ecole\Modele3D\software\roms\Projects\Upwelling

I know it come from my paths but after several hours of trying, I really have no ideas about how to do. Any idea about what I am doing wrong ? I would be very grateful for any kind of help !

Kind regards

Agathe.
Attachments
build_roms.sh
(11.02 KiB) Downloaded 174 times

robertson
Site Admin

Re: Error compiling ROMS

#2 Unread post by robertson »

You probably need to do:

Code: Select all

export        MY_ROOT_PATH=/cygdrive/d/Agathe/Ecole/Modele3D/software/roms
and:

Code: Select all

export          MY_ROMS_SRC=${MY_ROOT_DIR}/Projects/trunk
You should always avoid spaces in assignments when using bash. There should be no space before or after an equals sign during assignments

coulomag

#3 Unread post by coulomag »

Thank you very much it worked !! :lol:

neelbasak08
Location: Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala, PN, India

#4 Unread post by neelbasak08 »

@coulomag. I am also trying to compile my ROMS with an additional problem. I am facing issues with my makefile. If you could post your makefile as an attachment then i think my issue will be solved. Thanks a lot in advance for your support.