Compiling error

General scientific issues regarding ROMS

Moderators: arango, robertson

javadi

Compiling error

#1 Unread post by javadi »

Dear users
I have faced some problems when using parallel mode. I review all comments in this forum but I am not able to solve it. My system cannot find the directory; thus, I am not able to compile. I use build_roms.sh and I know that I should add some paths in my_build_paths.sh. I find the path of files in my system but I have some questions. Firstly, in my system, there are many openmp, mpich…which address should be added? Secondly, there are two sections in my_build_paths.sh named Add MPI library to compile and Set libraries to compile and link in my_build_paths.sh; which address should be changed? I am confused particularly PATH and MPI_INCDIR. Thirdly, is there other solutions for this case?
Use_mpi=on, use_mpif90=on, which mpi=openmpi, gfortran,and netcdf_4=on
Error:
rm -f -r core *.ipo /home/java/Test/Build_roms /root/make_macros.mk
which: no mpif90 in (/root/.local/bin:/root/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/var/lib/snapd/snap/bin)
/bin/sh: --: invalid option
Usage: /bin/sh [GNU long option] [option] ...
/bin/sh [GNU long option] [option] script-file ...
GNU long options:
--debug
--debugger
--dump-po-strings
--dump-strings
--help
--init-file
--login
--noediting
--noprofile
--norc
--posix
--pretty-print
--rcfile
--rpm-requires
--restricted
--verbose
--version
Shell options:
-ilrsD or -c command or -O shopt_option (invocation only)
-abefhkmnptuvxBCHP or -o option
cp -f /usr/include/netcdf.mod /home/java/Test/Build_roms
cp: cannot stat '/usr/include/netcdf.mod': No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target '/home/java/Test/Build_roms/netcdf.mod', needed by '/home/java/Test/Build_roms/MakeDepend'. Stop.

Please help me with your interesting comments

kate

Re: Compiling error

#2 Unread post by kate »

'use_mpif90=on' means that the executable name to use is mpif90. However,
which: no mpif90 in (/root/.local/bin:/root/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/var/lib/snapd/snap/bin)
On the supercomputer I use, openmpi is in a module. Loading the module adds mpif90 to my path. Depending on which module I load, I get either the gfortran mpif90 or the intel mpif90. Either way, I don't have to know where those libraries live - the mpif90 shell script manages that. Is this a computer you are managing or one being managed by a professional sys admin? If the latter, you should talk to them.

You have NETCDF things to sort out as well as MPI issues. Again, what to do depends on who is managing the system.