There are several software tools to process ROMS data.
These tools have been developed by various collaborators over the span
of several years. Some are generic and others are specific to our
hierarchy of ocean models.
GridPak: a suite of Fortran programs to
generate boundary-fitted, orthogonal curvilinear grids and
SeaGrid: a Matlab 5.2+ interactive application
to generate boundary-fitted, orthogonal curvilinear grids.
- Objective analysis package for mapping data to the
application horizontal, orthogonal curvilinear grid using
temporal and spatial correlation functions.
- Initialization Package to generate/modify model initial
conditions NetCDF file.
- Forcing Package to generate/modify model surface and bottom
boundary conditions NetCDF file.
- Climatology Package to generate/modify model climatological
conditions NetCDF file used for interior grid
nudging, nudging in sponge areas, open boundary conditions, and
- Plotting Package to contour horizontal or vertical sections
from any of the system NetCDF files using
NCAR GKS graphics utilities.
MexCDF: a complete and efficient interface between
Matlab and NetCDF files.
NetCDF toolbox for Matlab 5+: a powerful and elegant syntax
for working with NetCDF from within
IMCS, Ocean Modeling Group,